TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2003-06 > 1054584506

From: Sue Swiggum <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Antwerp, Belgium - Quebec, Canada May-June 1922
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 17:08:26 -0300

At 02:55 PM 2003-06-02 -0400, wrote:
>I am looking for a ship arriving from Antwerp to Quebec in May or June of
>1922. I am seeking information on individuals with the last name of Kushnier.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Joel

Hello Joel,

There were 5 arrivals of Canadian Pacific Steamships, Ltd. ships from
Antwerp to Quebec in May-June 1922.

SCANDINAVIAN Antwerp, Belgium / Southampton, England 1922-04-20 / Havre,
France
Quebec, Que. / Montreal, Que. 1922-05-02
SCOTIAN Antwerp, Belgium / Southampton, England 1922-04-27 /
Havre, France
Quebec, Que. / Montreal, Que. 1922-05-08
MELITA Antwerp, Belgium 1922-05-10 / Southampton, England /
Havre, France
Quebec, Que. / Montreal, Que. 1922-05-19
SCANDINAVIAN Antwerp, Belgium / Southampton, England / Havre, France
Quebec, Que. / Montreal, Que. 1922-06-05
MELITA Antwerp, Belgium / Southampton, England / Havre, France
Quebec, Que. / Montreal, Que. 1922-06-17

There is no passenger list in the form of a big sheet passenger list
with which most of us are familiar. This was during the Form 30A
period. Form 30A records are ALL ports for the whole period 1919-1924 and
are in the form of a single manifest sheet for each passenger. The reels
will include all years mixed in together, but they are NOT in strict
alphabetical order, so make sure you scroll right through until you find
who you are searching. As Form 30A reels contain ALL Canadian arrivals 1919
to 1924, they will also include those who arrived via a US port, but stated
their intention to proceed directly to Canada.

Passenger arrival records - 1919-1924 [Form 30A]
http://www.archives.ca/02/020202/020202040101_e.html

National Archives of Canada - Form 30A reels
http://www.archives.ca/02/020202/02020204010101_e.html

If the persons you are seeking were Canadian immigrants, and not in transit
to the US, they should appear on this microfilm:
T-15091 Kristiansen, Olaf to Kyle, Mary Jane
Surname groupings: Kristiansen, Kr, Kr-Kroeker interfiled, Kr-Krueger
interfiled, Kr, Ku, Ku-Kw-Ky-Kz interfiled, Kyle

National Archives of Canada - Borrow Microfilm - ILL (procedure)
http://www.archives.ca/02/020207_e.html

Check our TheShipsList Website
... http://www.theshipslist.com/Research/canadarecords.htm
... for more information about Canadian records. From that page, you will
find a "link" named Form 30A, and if you click on that, you'll find a
facsimile of a Form 30A record, and you'll see that they can contain quite
a bit of information. At present, the only place to find the 1919-1924
arrival film is in Ottawa and at the North York branch of the Toronto
Public Library.

You will NOT find US bound passengers, who arrived via Canadian ports and
stated their intention to proceed directly to the US on a Form 30A record.
The Form 30A records were for Canadian Immigration
purposes only. To find US bound passengers, arriving at Canadian ports
during the period 1919-1924, you will have to consult the US border
entry records -- the St. Albans Lists.

Sue
--
a **new** CD ROM from TheShipsList 1865-1899
http://www.theshipslist.com/cdrom/index.htm

This thread: