TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2003-06 > 1054668299

From: Sue Swiggum <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Kota Inten
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 16:25:13 -0300

At 02:13 PM 2003-06-03 -0300, Hank Wiebe wrote:
>We are planning a trip to Eastern Canada and wonder if we can locate the
>port where the M.S. Kota Inten (N.V. Rotterdamsche Lloyd) ship landed in
>Quebec, P.Q. on August the 20th l948. They came from Rotterdam. The
>family was Anna Wiebe and 6 children.
>Any information on this would be helpful.
>Thankyou, Doreen Wiebe

Hi Doreen,

You already know. According to my records, the KOTA INTEN (operated by
Holland-America Line for the Netherlands Ministry of Shipping), from
Rotterdam, arrived at Quebec, PQ 1948-08-20 with 744 passengers.

Because of Canadian privacy laws, post 1935 Canadian passenger records are
still in the custody of Citizenship & Immigration, but you can make
application under "freedom of information" for your own record, however
certain conditions apply when wanting to consult the landing record of
others. What will be received is an extract from the passenger list rather
than a photocopy of the list itself.

You can make application for a copy of the extract of your own arrival.
Forms:
http://www.privcom.gc.ca/fs-fi/02_05_d_11_03_e.asp
http://infosource.gc.ca/index-e.html

Check here at the National Archives of Canada website for details
http://www.archives.ca/02/02020204_e.html
(click on Post-1935 Immigration Records)

Sue
--
a **new** CD ROM from TheShipsList 1865-1899
http://www.theshipslist.com/cdrom/index.htm

This thread: