TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2003-07 > 1058399763

From: joe <>
Subject: [TSL] Philadelphia Naturalization Records (Was: Re: Philadelphia-1851)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:56:03 -0600

Hello Again Pat,
Since you found him in the index you should be able to obtain the
Naturalization record. If he was Naturalized in Philadelphia it's a
matter of looking in the right court. The "Philadelphia Naturalization
Records 1789-1880" book or CD-rom usually indicates which court a person
was Naturalized in. For details on these courts and their records see...

Naturalizations: Researching Philadelphia Records
http://www.phila.gov/phils/Docs/Inventor/natz.htm

If he wasn't Naturalized in Philadelphia let us know and perhaps we can
be of further help.

Good luck with your search.

Regards,
Joe

--
Finding US Naturalization Records (a genealogy guide)
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/naturalizationrecords.html

Patricia Sterner <> wrote:

> According to the 1910 census, Conrad(Konrad) Dotterweich, born Mar 5,
> 1828, Bavaria, arrived in the US in 1851. Chances are he arrived at the
> Port of Philadelphia for he settled in PA. Have
> tried Naturalization records-PA. He could be found in the index only.
> Intention: 1854 and Naturalization: Oct, 1857.
> Thankyou for any help you can give.
> Pat Sternerr

This thread: