TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2003-09 > 1063127103

From: joe <>
Subject: [TSL] Re: 1872 Ship to NY
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 11:05:03 -0600

Hello Joanne,
Assuming you have the correct date, you could look at the microfilmed
New York passenger lists for the ships that arrived on that date from
Italy or with Italian passengers. If you don't find your ancestor on the
date you have, you might check a day or two before or after that date.

The microfilm rolls for New York passenger lists for your time frame can
be ordered from local LDS Family History Centers for viewing and
photocopying for a small fee. You can find the microfilm roll numbers
you will need here...

New York Passenger Lists 1820-1897
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/nylists1820.html

You can find a directory of Family History Centers here...
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHC/frameset_fhc.asp

You can also find the microfilm rolls at the US National Archives and
some of its branches. Some genealogical libraries may also carry them.

Good luck with your search.

Regards,
Joe

--
Finding Passenger Lists 1820-1940s (arrivals at US Ports)
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/passengers.html

"Joanne" <> wrote:

>I just learned that the ancestor I'm researching arrived in NY on September
>3, 1872 (from Italy). How can I find out what ship he arrived on. I'm
>hoping to learn more about him!
>
>Thank you,
>Joanne

This thread: