TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2004-08 > 1091677429

Subject: Ship Phoenix - Captain John Sparrier, 1700's
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:43:49 EDT

Hi Listers,

I would appreciate it if someone can direct me to the right source. I just
found out that my John Hartman and his family arrived in Philadelphia on the
ship Phoenix - Captain John Sparrier was the commander.The Hartman family was
living in Reutlengen, Wurtenberg, Germany, about 1700.

Would it be possible to find a record of the ship Phoenix? What would have
been the port of departure for people from Wurtenburg, Germany? Would there be
any sketches of ships in that time period?

Thank you,
Mary Boudreau

This thread: