TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2004-12 > 1102327536

From: "Bob Cunning" <>
Subject: Fw: Unknown ship Uk to Australia 1907/1908
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:07:10 +1100

Hello from Australia. I wonder if anyone can assist with my problem. My
Grandfather, Percy Harold Ryton BENSON, aged 33 at the time, is known to
have been a ship's Stoker in June 1907.

By April 1908 he was in Queensland when my Grandmother and family arrived
on R.M.S. "OROTAVA" I see 3 possibilities:

Percy "Jumped" ship in Australia

Worked his passage here

Came here as a passenger Hence my query to this list

I wonder if SKS would have passenger lists for the "OROTAVA" from June
1907
to Dec 1907. I know that it does not necessarily follow that, if a
passenger, he would have chosen that ship, but it is worth a try.

Cheers, Bob.

This thread: