TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2005-12 > 1134105483

From: "MargM" <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] death cert- Info on
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:18:03 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "jason" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 4:04 PM
Subject: [TSL] death cert

>i aqm looking to purchase a death cert for my gg uncle
>who's name was Evan Roscoe he was a 1st class stoker and
>was aboard the HMS Barham when she was hit by a torpedo
>and sunk on 25th nov 1941 i have had so many conflicting
>advicce as to where to send for it some say kew others
>say the pro others say the maritime records please could
>someone put my straight as to where to send my
>application and money

There is only one place that keeps all of the English
BDM records and thats the General Register Office ,
Liverpool UK

If you can quote to ref number its cheaper. Deaths at
sea are in a seperate sub index and can be viewed on

The NSW State Library in Sydney has these sub indexes too
and probably other State Libraries

FWIW As a general rule of thumb English deaths certs dont
give alot of info

Member of

This thread: