TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2005-12 > 1135033219

From: "Faye Chapman" <>
Subject: re births in Montreal Canada
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:59:16 -0800

Hi Just got some information re my husbands grandfather. From his mothers
birth records, it states that her father was

"William Sanders Hart". He was aged 39 when his daughter was born in January
1915. He was not married to his daughters mother that we can be sure of. He
was listed as a general laborer and born in Montreal Canada. It was stated
he was in new Zealand in 1907. This works out that he was born in 1876 give
or take a year. Firstly, is there anyone that can check on his birth and
send me all registered information along with any family history on him or
where I can go on the net to get this information.

Secondly has anyone information on shipping from Canada to New Zealand
around the relevant period to check if he indeed went to New Zealand, then
later ???? maybe to Australia. His daughter, my mother in law, said
maintenance was paid for her till she turned 16 via the Post office in the
centre of Sydney Australia.

Thanks for your time

Kind regards

Faye Chapman