TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-01 > 1167638980

From: "gjlund" <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] UK to US arriving 1902
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 00:09:40 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "KIM QUILTS" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2006 8:38 PM
Subject: [TSL] UK to US arriving 1902

>I am trying to find details for William Thomas Howes born 1872, Norfolk
>England. I have no idea what port he would have left or arrived in.
>According to the earliest US census I find, he states that he arrived in
>1902, but has lost his papers.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Kim

Good Morning Kim
I took a look at the Ellis Island website, www.ellisisland.org, and this
is the closest William Howes I could find within the years you gave.
First Name: William
Last Name: Howes
Ethnicity: English
Last Place of Residence: Norwich
Date of Arrival: Nov 08, 1906
Age at Arrival: 30y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Teutonic
Port of Departure: Liverpool
Manifest Line Number: 0027

This man was traveling with wife, Sarah. They do not list anyone they were
traveling to meet, but list New York as the destination.

Always remember that the information remembered by our ancestors could be
off by several years. Have you tried fining his Intent to become a citizen
or his Citizenship declaration? This will be at the County Court House in
the Recorders Department.

Gloria
Happy New Year to the Ships List

This thread: