TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-01 > 1168337809

From: "Ted Finch" <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Inquiry
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:16:49 -0000

Hi Linda,

Here is brief info on your ships -

FAXIAN - no record of a ship with this name but there was a FABIAN.
MARY SLESSOR - built 1930 for Elder Dempster Line, Liverpool, 7th Feb.1943
mined and sunk off Gibraltar.
EMPIRE OPOSSUM - see http://www.mariners-l.co.uk/EmpireN.html#empo
GODFREY B. HOLT - built 1929 for John Holt & Co, Liverpool.
BAXTERGATE - built 1925 as ANGLO-INDIAN for Nitrate Producers Ltd, 1937 sold
to Turnbull, Scott & Co, London renamed BAXTERGATE., 1947 sold to Panama
renamed ARTYGIA, 1948 renamed DOMINA, 1955 sold to Greece renamed LILY
MICHALOS, 1959 scrapped at Hong Kong.
TRIONA - built 1931 for British Phosphate Commissioners, Melbourne & London,
6th Dec.1940 sunk by German cruisers KOMET and ORION in Pacific.
EMPIRE GUINEVERE - See http://www.mariners-l.co.uk/EmpireG.html
ROTHEN - no record of a ship with this name but there was a ROTHER.
OCEAN VISCOUNT - See http://fortships.tripod.com/oceans.htm#Vi
FREDERICK BANTING - See http://www.mariners-l.co.uk/LibShipsF.html
ATLANTIC CITY - Built 1941 for William Reardon Smith & Sons, Cardiff, 1963
sold to Lebanon renamed ACHILLET, 1971 sank off South Africa.

Do you have any more info on the two I cannot trace, Official Numbers, etc?

regards
Ted