TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-01 > 1168401828

From: "carole lubbers" <>
Subject: [TSL] Arrival Date August 1886? - Don't Know Where
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 23:03:48 -0500

Phillip Laubach, b. 14 March 1856 Alt Messer, Russia
wife Katherine b. 1854/55 Russia
Katherine, 11, b. Russia
Phillip, Jr. b. 14 Sept 1885 Russia (per WWI draft reg. card)
Amalia (Mollie) b. 23 Feb 1886 Russia,(this has to be wrong) SSDI records say 1887.

Family immigrated per Amalia's bible August 1886. Family went to Peoria, Illinois for 3-years, then to Marion Co., Kansas 3-years and in 1892 Major Co., Oklahoma. I have searched Castle Garden, Baltimore, NYC, Galveston, but can't be sure if Philadelphia was searched. Cannot locate this family anywhere. Several family members have searched for years trying to locate them and not successful. Next child b. is Henry, 23 Dec. 1888 in Illinois.

There is a Phillip, Katherine, Ernst & Max who arrive in Baltimore - this is not the correct family.

On recently released Hamburg Passenger List from Ancestry, Phillip, Katherine & Franz Laubach are listed as departing from Hamburg 1909. We think they went to Russia to visit. This is the family, but not when they originally immigrated.

Any help locating their immigration to USA from Russia would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Carole Lubbers
Marietta, Ga.

This thread: