TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-01 > 1168478027

From: "MargM" <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Fw: Ship pictures
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:13:47 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Hazzard" <>
To: "The Ships List" <>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 9:47 AM
Subject: [TSL] Fw: Ship pictures

>I am posting the below enquiry again as I didn't get one
>reply.

Hi Keith

Possibly no one knew of any sites . I just did a Google
search for the ship ' Mangerton' and found info but no
pictures

Suggest you find out what sort of ships these were and
just find an example illustration

A very useful web site is

http://www.nla.gov.au/ferg/search.html

Type in shipping and some years to 1860 of the Shipping
Gazette and Sydney General Trade list will come up . Are
many other early newspapers too

Look for the 'Mangerton' around the arrival date . This
should tell you whether this was a ship or a barque or
what ever

> > Does anyone know of a site that I can find a picture
> > or a sketch of the following ships:-
> "James Carson" arrived Melbourne July 1854.
> "Mangerton" arrived Sydney 29-7-1855.
> "Gloucester" arrived Adelaide 13-8-1852.

Be worth checking the other 2 ships names as well in
this newspaper

In the early/mid 1850s the World had caught gold fever and
there wasnt so much interest in either painting ships
pictures or taking early types of photos of them !

Bye
MargM
Beautiful Central Coast of NSW

This thread: