TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-01 > 1168539324

From: Marj Kohli <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] John Moloney
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:15:24 -0500

Tom

For background here is some info from the London Times of May 21, 1864:

Toulmin, Livingston, and Co. will shortly
despatch the following splendid VESSELS:--
Ports Ships Docks
Tons
Colombo Prince
Llewelin London 285
Ditto Granville
W.I.D. 696
Mangalore, Beypore, & Cochin Syren St. Katharine 300
Cochin Eaglet Ditto
392
Rangoon William Kirchner West
India 325
Sydney Sirocco London
1,246
31, Great St. Helen's, E.C.

I find the vessel arriving from Trieste for London in the Times of Aug 25
but I cannot find her sailing to Sydney. Since it was a Government charter
this may be why she is not reported as sailing in the Ships News column.

Regards..

Marj