TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-01 > 1169241542

From: Sue Swiggum <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Passengers, Ireland to England, between 1803 and 1848
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:21:53 -0400

At 02:28 PM 2007-01-19 +0000, John Chapman wrote:
>The only details I have of my ancestor is a birth date in 1803 in Ireland
>and a wedding date in 1848 in Manchester, and his father's name (who may
>not have travelled with him)
>Is this information too vague to have any hope of finding him on a
>passenger list?
>
>John Chapman

Hi John,

I'm afraid you are out of luck for a passenger record between Ireland and
England. England and Ireland were one country in the 19th century and
there were no restrictions on travel and no passenger lists were archived.

Read Debbie Beavis' article about British Records
http://www.theshipslist.com/Research/ukrecords.html

See under the heading of "Lists Not Available:" for full details. Did you
find him on the 1851 census, and maybe even the 1841 census? I think that
one of them might even say "how long in county," but don't hold me too
that ;-}

Sue
--

This thread: