TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-01 > 1169405250

From: Marj Kohli <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Captain Andrew Flinn SS Caledonia
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:47:30 -0500

Gloria

The Caledonia owned by the Allans was a sailing ship of only 438 tons built
in 1841 in Glasgow. According to the book on the Allans, "Ravenscrag: The
Allan Royal Mail Line" by Thomas E. Appleton, the Caledonia sailed to
Quebec. The book also says that Bryce Allan was master of the ship. Allan
was still master in 1844 says the book.

Since this is before passenger lists were archived by the Library and
Archives of Canada it is hard to say when Allan gave up command of the
Caledonia. Early Quebec papers might help with this research.

Regards..

Marj