TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-01 > 1170159623

From: "Robert Campbell" <>
Subject: [TSL] ship info
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:20:23 +1100

Hi,

In Dec 2006 in posted a similar notice on your list and gratefully received
replies, but I needed to confirm the details so I have just received confirmation
from Guildhall Library regarding the ships that my ggf sailed in.

I am interested in trying to locate any further information on the following ships;

Mary Waugh, 1854 - 6, Aust.
Moulin, 1,170, 1856-61, W.I. E.I.
Bellona, 24140, 1861- 62, W.I.
Bon Accord, 43,123, 1863-6, E.I.
The Duke, 15028, 1866 - 67 ; lost Jan 1867.

My ggf was a master mariner, and I know that he was the captain of "Bon Accord" and
"the Duke".

I have tried several sites, including doing a Google search on the names and there
registration numbers. But without success.

Can anyone assist me with any info on these ships, eg.
- pictures,
- descriptions,
- any newspaper details on shipping times, events or articles,

My after interest is that my gf was born on "Bon Accord" while my ggf was the captain.

So if anyone can give me any info it will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Robert of Sydney

This thread: