TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-01 > 1170185658

From: Marj Kohli <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] ship info
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:34:18 -0500

Robert

The London Times of Jan 27, 1864 in Ship News lists the Bon Accord
Deal, Jan. 26
Anchored.--...the Bon Accord, from London for Liverpool.

Times of Jan 18, 1866 Ship News lists
Liverpool, Jan. 17.
Wind, S.S.W.
Arrived--the Bon Accord, from Madras.

The Times of Jan 9, 1867 reported on a terrible Gale with many lost ships.
Can you give me your ggf's name so I can check and see if he is mentioned?

The Mary Waugh is listed in the Times of Aug 25, 1856 in the Ship News
Deal, August 24
Arrived and Passed.--The Mary Waugh, from the West Indies

Times of Wed Aug 30, 1854:

Dundee Shipping.--We believe there is at present a greater amount of new
tonnage fitting out in our docks than at any former period, as will be
found by the following list:--The ship Whilwind, of 1,003 tons register;
the ship Bengal, of 850; the bark Euxine, of 443; the brig Mary Waugh, of
245; and the schooner Mimmie Dike, of 127 tons,--all lately launched here,
and, with one exception, belonging to Dundee owners, which will make a
considerable addition to the tonnage of the port. These vessels are
considered very fine models;...

I could not find anything on the Moulin but the Times of Jan 1, 1861 lists

Arrivals at Demerara from British Ports.--Nov. 29, The bark Bellona, Jump,
from Liverpool.

She is listed again Dec 6, 1861:
Deal, Dec. 5.
Passed.--...the Bellona, from Demerara for London.

Again on Dec 30, 1861:
Gravesend, Dec. 28.
9:30 a.m.--Wind. E.; high water; fine.
8 p.m.--Wind, W; tide, fourth hour's flood; weather, fine.
No arrivals.
Sailed.--The Bellona, for Demerara

There is an item in the Jan 20, 1862 Times of a Bellona being wrecked off
Ireland:
...The Bellona has been totally wrecked in Dundrum Bay, and three lives
have been lost.

It says James O'Neill was the owner and master bound for Liverpool -- if
this is your ship let me know and I will copy the item for you.

Times of Apr 24, 1862 lists:

Vessels Spoken With.
The Bellona, from Shields for Alexandria, April 15, 35 N., 3 W.

In the Oct 22, 1862 Times there is a report on a gale and "the Bellona, of
Drammen, foremast, foretop, topgallantmast, and maintopmast carried away,
and otherwise damaged;...

Regards..

Marj