TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-01 > 1170193568

From: Marj Kohli <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] The Ship Cambridge
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:46:08 -0500

Pat

It appears this vessel was a packet ship making regular runs. In the London
Times of Jan 22, 1842 it says "The packet-ship Cambridge, Captain Barstow,
which sailed from New York on the 3d inst., arrived at Liverpool yesterday
forenoon, after a quick passage of 17 days."

May 30, 1842 Times:
"The packet-ship Cambridge, Captain Barstow, also arrived at Liverpool
yesterday. She sailed from New York on the 5th inst., and had encountered
on the passage a succession of unfavourable winds."

I can find her sailing on Oct 19 for NY also.

I just cannot seem to find that July sailing.

Marj