TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-09 > 1188743027

From: Jay Beech <>
Subject: [TSL] Gerhard Bitsch from Germany 1881
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 09:23:47 -0500

Hi-

I'm searching for Gerhard Bitsch who emigrated in 1881 with his family from
the town of Sasbach in Baden, Germany according to the Baden emigration
database for 1866-1911on Ancestry. I believe they lived in NJ for a time,
were in MN by 1885, and returned to NJ shortly after that. The surnames they
used in the U.S. include Beech and Beetch, but possibly other spellings.
These are the names and ages of the family:

Gerhard - 40
Kate - 40
Barabara - 15
John - 13
Jos. - 12
Frank - 11
Will - 9
Fritz - 9

I do not know the date or the ports of departure or arrival. After searching
for months with every conceivable spelling, I believe I have exhausted the
resources available on both Ancestry and Genealogy. This includes the
hand-written Hamburg passenger index for that year. Any help or
recommendations would be appreciated.
--
JAY BEECH

This thread: