TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2007-09 > 1188918950

From: "Olive Tree Genealogy" <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] Gerhard Bitsch from Germany 1881
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 11:15:50 -0400

On 4 Sep 2007 at 9:54, Jay Beech wrote:

> > You can use census records to help you find immigration and
> > naturalization years for an ancestor.
>
> Yes, but only if you can find them.
>
> > There are great clues in the 1870 census too!
>
> As per my previous posts, they left Germany in 1881.

Ah -- forgive me for mentioning a resource that would not
help you. (Although it may help others)

I confess that since you wrote many posts, each quite
lengthy, I was guilty of skimming...

When I spotted your remark that you didn't know if they
naturalized, I was excited to share with you what I thought
was great news - that you could find their immigration and
naturalization status in census records.

Lorine

-- Lorine McGinnis Schulze

* Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
http://olivetreegenealogy.com/
* Naturalization Records
http://naturalizationrecords.com/
* Images of Ships Lists