TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2008-08 > 1217765052

From: "Mary" <>
Subject: [TSL] ship :J W Beard
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 13:04:12 +0100

Dear Listers,
I hope someone can suggest a way forward for me.
I'm trying to find out how James Percival Henderson, a !st Engineer, ( no. 9513) met his end in the 1870s, reputed to have drowned.
Someone has found the following on the list of drowned sailor's assets: BT 153/17
James Henderson, drowned at sea 14/12/1876. Information received 23/4/1877. Ship J W Beard, Official number 64473.. There is a little more admin information, but no personal details and no age.
Would the number refer to the vessel or the man? Is it possible to find out where the JWBeard was on 14/12/1876? Is it possible to find out what position this James Henderson held on board ship?
Hopefully this may prove or disprove if he is my great uncle or some other hapless sailor.
any suggestion that might finally cast light in James Percival Henderson's death would be welcome.
Best wishes,
Mary

This thread: