TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2009-03 > 1237829302

From: Marj Kohli <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] 1866 Irish Sailings - Tripoli - (Tierney,J)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:28:22 -0400

Steve

From the London Times of March 10, 1866 is this ad:

UNITED STATES and CANADA.--Mail
Steamers, every Tuesday and Thursday, fares from £6 6s.
NEW YORK---TRIPOLI, March 21.
NEW YORK and PORTLAND--MORAVIAN, March 15.
To NEW ORLEANS--ALABAMA, March 13.
Sailing ships to New York every week, fares from £3 15s. Through
tickets from London to all parts of the United States and Canada.
Through parcels rates. Apply to G.W. Wheatley and Co., 23, Regent-
street; or to Wheatley, Pearse, and Co., 150, Cheapside.

Wednesday, March 21 London Times records her sailing:
LIVERPOOL, March 20.
Wind E.
Sailed.--The Bothen, for Ostend--the Monarch of the Seas, for New
York--the Egyptian, for Constantinople--the Tripoli and the Excel-
sior, both for New York--the Eugene, for Halifax--the West Wind,
for Tamatare--the Robert Leonard, for Halifax--the Johanne, for
Rio Grande--The Destino, for Genoa.

New York Times of April 4 is her arrival in NY.

Steamship Tripoli, Harrison, Liverpool March 20, and
Queenstown 21st, with mdse. and 229 passengers to E.
E. Cunard. April 2, 208 miles E. of Sandy Hook, passed
Norwegian ship Goochen, for New-York. April 3, off
Fire Island, passed bark Harriet, for New-York.

Regards..

Marj