TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2009-03 > 1237834556

From: Marj Kohli <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] 1866 Irish Sailings - Tripoli - (Tierney,J)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:55:56 -0400

Bev

Ad from the London Times of March 7, 1867:

THE BRITISH and FOREIGN STEAM NAVI-
GATION COMPANY'S STEAMERS for NEW YORK, Boston,
or Halifax:--
OLYMPUS, for HALIFAX and BOSTON, Saturday, March 9th.
PALMYRA, for NEW YORK, Tuesday, March 12th.
TRIPOLI, for NEW YORK, Tuesday, March 26th.
Cabin passage from Liverpool to New York 15 guineas, 17 guineas,
and 21 guineas. These rates include steward's fee and provisions, but
without wines or liquors, which can be obtained on board.

Apply to J.B. Foord, 52, Old Broad-street, London; Burns and
MacIver, Havre, and 12, Pince de la Bourse, Paris; G. and J. Burns,
No. 30, Jamaica-street, Glasgow, and Baltic-street, Dundee; D. and C.
MacIver, Queenstown; and D. and C. MacIver, 8, Water-street, Liver-
pool.

On March 27, 1867 the Times reported her sailing in the Ship News.

LIVERPOOL, March 26.
Wind, W., strong; fine weather.
Sailed.--The Great Eastern, for New York--the Tripoli, for New York.

On April 11, 1867 the Times reported she had arrived in NY on April
10. The NY Times also reported her in the Marine Intelligence column:

New-York...Wednesday, April 10
Arrived.
Steamship Tripoli, (Br.,) Martyn, Liverpool March 26.
via Queenstown 27th, with mdse. and 449 passengers to
E. Cunard. 4th inst., lat. 43 37. lon. 47 25, passed an In-
man and a National steamer, bound E.; same night ex-
changed night signals with a steamer showing two blue
lights and one rocket.

Regards..

Marj