TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2010-01 > 1262625796

From: vicki evans <>
Subject: [TSL] Jamaica
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:23:16 +0000

Hi
Can anyone advise me if it is possible to search for ships going to Jamaica and their passengers/crew. All I know is an ancestor of mine John Lloyd born somewhere between 1779 and 1796 (I am guessing it will be between 1784 and 1796 as this is where there is a large gap between him and his siblings), in Bangor, Caernarfon, Wales, ended up in Jamaica, apparently died there and owned a sugar plantation there.

Does anyone know of any way to search this, my first thought was to see if I could find his passage out there. His siblings all appear on the 1841 census, he doesnt so he must have already left the country by 1841.

Many thanks

Vicki

Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394591/direct/01/

This thread: