TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2011-06 > 1309431313

From: "Peter Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] M.S. Syren (whaler) - London to South Seas - 1817
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:55:13 +1000

Hi Marj,

Thank you so much for the info you have sent me. I really thought I was at a
dead end but now I feel the information you sent me may open a whole new
line of research.

I am sorry to be so naive in sailing matters but does 'left on the coast the
Syren, 1800 barrels sperm oil' mean the Syren was shipwrecked?

Thanks again

Regards
Peter Phillips
Australia