TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2011-06 > 1309431313

From: "Peter Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: [TSL] M.S. Syren (whaler) - London to South Seas - 1817
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:55:13 +1000

Hi Marj,

Thank you so much for the info you have sent me. I really thought I was at a
dead end but now I feel the information you sent me may open a whole new
line of research.

I am sorry to be so naive in sailing matters but does 'left on the coast the
Syren, 1800 barrels sperm oil' mean the Syren was shipwrecked?

Thanks again

Peter Phillips