TheShipsList-L Archives

Archiver > TheShipsList > 2012-02 > 1330550635

From: John Goold <>
Subject: [TSL] Mutiny details
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 21:23:55 +0000

Wondering if there was anyone out there willing to do a look up for me in a Bombay Newspaper, May 1827.
I am researching a ship called the SARAH which had an attempted mutiny by the crew on her voyage to India in 1827.According to the ASIATIC JOURNAL a trial of the mutineers took place in Bombay from 14th May 1827 until 26th May 1827. The Asiatic Journal carried two reports on the trial but these were only brief summaries, it also stated that they were unable to publish more detailed info due to the nature of the trial ????Desperately trying to find other details of this trial, especially the names of the 8 crew on trial and more details for the ship's Surgeon, described as Dr. Hoskins.

John

This thread: