UFT-L Archives

Archiver > UFT > 2009-07 > 1247369860

From: Pierce Reid <>
Subject: Re: [UFT] R&R Xbase
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 20:37:40 -0700 (PDT)

Al,
I don't see what you found, but I think I can explain R&R.
It is a report writer that can be embedded in other software. It is part of UFT. If you run into problems using the UFT report routines, it could be due to a problem encountered by the R&R code, and produce the sort of message Virginia found.

See: http://www.hallogram.com/rr/

At this point, since there is no formal support for UFT, if you have a consistent problem with the program abnormally ending, the best you can do is to uninstall UFT and re-install it. Then you will have to reload your data base from your most recent backup (.sqz) file. Ideally, the backup should be on a separate computer that also has UFT on it and you have opened the backup file on that computer, just to be sure if is good.

Saving your backups on a USB drive is better than on your main computer's hard drive, but its long-term reliability is now known. I prefer to have backups on two or more computers.

Pierce