UK-CENSUS-HELPERS-L Archives

Archiver > UK-CENSUS-HELPERS > 2009-01 > 1232162520

From: "Terry Waters-Marsh" <>
Subject: Re: [UK-CENSUS-HELPERS] Look-up please
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:22:00 +1000

Dear Tony,

I would include 'St Catharines Estate' with the address of schedule 1 only.
There is no 'evidence' or ditto marks to support including it with
subsequent households, even though it is likely some of the following
households are part of St Catharines Estate. There is no note or comment
later on saying the end of St Catharines Estate has been reached. (The note
written under the address of schedule 1 regarding schedules 1-56 suggests
the note was added after 1894 when the Estate was added to the Hoddesdon USD
by what appears to be the order of H. C. C. and as such is not germane to
the transcription of the 1891 census.)

Warmest regards,

Terry Waters-Marsh
FreeCEN Country Coordinator for ENGLAND
FreeCEN County Coordinator for SOMERSET (1891), WILTSHIRE, BEDFORDSHIRE,
BERKSHIRE, BUCKINGHAMSHIRE, CHESHIRE, DORSET, GLOUCESTERSHIRE,
HERTFORDSHIRE, HUNTINGDONSHIRE, OXFORDSHIRE, WARWICKSHIRE, WORCESTERSHIRE.
Visit the FreeCEN web site at http://www.freecen.org.uk
Somerset web page http://freepages.genealogy.rootswseb.com/~somtcen
Wiltshire web page http://www.pope-genealogy.me.uk/nwop.htm
Warwickshire web page
http://www.hunimex.com/warwick/freecens/1861/index_1861.html
Worcestershire web page http://www.hunimex.com/warwick/wo-a-p.html
OPC for Avebury, Wiltshire
General census information
http://www.british-genealogy.com/resources/census/index.htm

"To forget one's ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without
a root." (Chinese Proverb)