UK-CENSUS-HELPERS-L Archives

Archiver > UK-CENSUS-HELPERS > 2010-03 > 1268582457

From: "Jenny Anderton" <>
Subject: Re: [UK-CENSUS-HELPERS] Civil Parish
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:00:57 -0000

Many thanks Irene.
I went searching on Yahoo and came up with the following

REEDLEY HALLOWS, FILLY CLOSE AND NEW LAUND BOOTH
Redlaihalghes, 1342; Redelegh-hallous, 1459; Redhalowes, 1507.
Filicloos, 1324; Filieclose, 1423.
Newlande, 1459.
These three portions of the forest of Pendle were considered as
extra-parochial, i.e. they remained attached to the Castle parish of
Clitheroe after other chapelries had been carved out of it, though they were
8 miles away.
In another reference all three areas are quoted as the Administrative Unit.

So I think I will put the largest in as the Civil Parish and the other two
in notes.

Incidentally the site below is very useful.

Cheers
Jenny

From: 'Townships: Reedley Hallows, Filly Close and New Laund Booth', A
History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 6 (1911), pp. 489-492. URL:
http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=53158 Date accessed: 14
March 2010.

This thread: