UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP-L Archives

Archiver > UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP > 2002-01 > 1011574411

Subject: Re: [UK-W&H] Help
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:02:37 +0000

From Andrew Roberts
web address: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/www/study/

The old name of St Andrews is given in the PRO Hospital database as:

Poplar and Stepney Sick Asylum (1868 - 1921)

Address:Devons Road Bow London E3 3NT
So I think Chris is right to identify this as the Bromley by Bow Sick Asylum.

The database also says where some records are:

http://hospitalrecords.pro.gov.uk/scripts/searchscreen.asp

The records appear to include admission and discharge ones for the
1870s/1880s when Audrey says that Thomas Blabaur was a patient.

Best Wishes

Andrew