Archiver > UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP > 2002-12 > 1038786938

From: "Peter Higginbotham" <>
Subject: Re: [UK-W&H] Union Workhouse, Fordington, Dorset.
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 23:55:38 -0000

Hi Cindy,
Fordington came within the Dorchester Poor Law Union Union. For some basic
information on Dorchester see The sister
was probably at the industrial school just because she was older and more
than likely being trained in domestic work with a view to her going into
domestic service. The boys may also have gone to and industrial school when
they were older.
All best wishes,
Peter Higginbotham