UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP-L Archives

Archiver > UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP > 2002-12 > 1038786938

From: "Peter Higginbotham" <>
Subject: Re: [UK-W&H] Union Workhouse, Fordington, Dorset.
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 23:55:38 -0000

Hi Cindy,
Fordington came within the Dorchester Poor Law Union Union. For some basic
information on Dorchester see www.workhouses.org.uk/Dorchester The sister
was probably at the industrial school just because she was older and more
than likely being trained in domestic work with a view to her going into
domestic service. The boys may also have gone to and industrial school when
they were older.
All best wishes,
Peter Higginbotham