UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP-L Archives

Archiver > UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP > 2003-02 > 1044535195

From: "J. Robblee" <>
Subject: [UK-W&H] County of London Lunatic Asylum - Records
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 07:39:55 -0500

Hi List:

I recently received the death certificate for my gg grandfather. He died in
the County of London Lunatic Asylum at Iford. According to his death
certficiate he died from aneurism of aorta, on March 25, 1900 at age 55.
His placement in this institution may explain why three of his children
(that I am aware of) were sent to Canada in 1888.

I understand I can access his records from the London Metropolian Archives.
The 100 year limit has expired. However can I order his records by
mail/email or do I need to hire a reseacher to check the files for me? What
would I expect to find or would it vary from case to case?

Once again thanks for your help.

Joan Robblee
Ontario, Canada