UKR-ODESSA-GEN-L Archives

Archiver > UKR-ODESSA-GEN > 2001-12 > 1007473512

From: "Dan Volper" <>
Subject: Re: [Ukr-Odessa-Gen] Virus
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:45:12 -0500

I picked up the virus somewhere, but it was effectivly caught and cleaned
from my hard drive before it did any damage.
The only way you can deal with this is to have an effective anti-virus
program running on your computer at all times, such as Norton, On Track
(which I have) or McAfee. My wife, who is a member of the Litvak SIG, has
picked up viruses several times in her e-mail - I use Outlook, she uses
Eudora, on the same computer, - and each time they were effectively caught
and cleaned by the antiivirus software. It is important, once you have
installed the software to continually update it with the new virus
definitions, as they become available.