ULLANS-L Archives

Archiver > ULLANS > 2008-05 > 1211445016

From: "Muiris Mag Ualghairg" <>
Subject: Re: [ULLANS] Cornish
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:30:16 +0100

I thank the insistence that the new standard spelling is part and
parcel of what is going on, this will be the spelling used in official
publications and in the school system, that, in itself will mean that
with time this will become the de facto way of writing Cornish. There
has been a lot of debate about how to spell Cornish, it grammar and
wordstore, the new spelling doesn't resolve the grammar and wordstore
questions but it does provide a way forward. What is heartening is
that the bodies which have been promoting the wide variety of
different systems have all agreed, some with bad grace from what I
could see, to accept this standard as a standard.