UNDERWOOD-L ArchivesArchiver > UNDERWOOD > 1998-12 > 0913339108
Subject: Re: [UNDERWOOD-L] William Underwood who married Mary Butler
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 20:18:28 EST
I am also related to William Underwood and Mary Butler. Here is what I have
on William and Mary
William, b. abt 1649 in Sittenbourne Parish, Richmond Co., VA, d. 1717, m.
1672 to Mary Elizabeth Butler, b. Rappahanock Co., VA, d. bef. 1682.
1. William Underwoo, b. 1677, d. abt. 1726 m. Rappahanock Co., VA to Jael
2. Mary Underwood, m1. John Fox, m2. Richard Tutt
3. Sarah Underwood, m. abt. 1717 to John Gilbert
4. Elizabeth Underwood, d. 1726 in King George Co., VA m1. Sylvester Thatcher
Jr., m2. Francis Jett
5. John Underwood, d. 1729 King George Co., VA, d., m. 6-28-1719 Hanover
Parish, VA to Elizabeth Slaughter.
William's parents were William Underwood and Mary Mosley
William, b.abt 1622 in England, d. 1662, m. abt. 1645 to Mary Mosley, b. abt
1661, father William Moseley, 2nd spouse for Mary was ARchdale Combs. Only
one child was born to William and Mary.
William's parents were William Underwood, b. abt 1602 in England, d. 1644 Isle
of Wight Co., VA m. Margaret (Mason ?), d. bef. 1669. She married again to
1. William Underwood m. Mary Mosley
2. Sarah Underwood m. William Pierce (Related to John Rolph, 2nd husband of
3. Margaret Underwood, m1. bef. 8-24-1660 to Francis Slaughter, 2nd m.
4. Mary Underwood m. Moses Fantleroy
5. Ann Underwood b. abt. 1631, m. bef 1651 to James Williamson
6. Elizabeth Underwood, b. abt 1632, d. 1670, m1. abt 1652 to John Catlett,
m2. James Taylor, m3. Francis Slaughter, m4. Amory Butler
That is all the basic info I have. I do have lots of other info on this
family. This is my main line.