UNITED-EMPIRE-LOYALIST-L Archives

Archiver > UNITED-EMPIRE-LOYALIST > 2003-05 > 1053388647

From: Fran Wooldridge <>
Subject: [UEL] Huntley or Morton
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:58:43 -0700

Hi all,
I have a question that maybe someone would be able to help me with. I am having trouble identifying the correct individual who "supposedly" was UEL. As our records go, there was a Mary
Huntley who married Lucius McConnell in 1824 in Sutton, York, Ontario. She was the granddaughter of a United Empire Loyalist who received land on Lake Simcoe. However, the grandfather
was never identified by name. SOOO, I am trying to figure out which one it could be. I have my ideas, but maybe someone could help see if any of these names are on any lists out there
or help me narrow my search.

Bethuel Huntley - b 1755 Connecticut

Zeanos Huntley - b 1780 - New Hampshire

Eunice Church - b 1778 Connecticut

Mary Morton Huntley

Simeon Morton - b 1763 Scotland

Mary Morton - b 1795 New York

Elizabeth Morris - b 1764 married in PA
she was rumored to be related to Robert Morris

My instinct is that it was Simeon Morton as the Morton family has land on Lake Simcoe, but Bethuel Huntley died in York, Ontario and fits the age better. When Mary Huntley married Lucius
McConnell, they were given land in N Gwillimbury I believe. Anyone have any info on any of these people?
Thanks so much
Fran Wooldridge

This thread: