UNITED-EMPIRE-LOYALIST-L Archives

Archiver > UNITED-EMPIRE-LOYALIST > 2003-07 > 1057084159

From: "Murray and Shirley Lennox" <>
Subject: Re: [UEL] LOSEE Family Ernestown
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:29:19 -0400

Gail
Check this website: http://www.geocities.com/losey_losee/nameindex.html

There is an Abraham Losee b.176?

Murray Lennox

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gail Faibish" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 1:02 PM
Subject: [UEL] LOSEE Family Ernestown

> Happy Canada Day!
>
> I have hit a brick wall. I'm desperately searching for further
information on a ABRAHAM LOSEE of Fredericksburgh and Bath (Ernestown Twp).
Believe this gentleman was married to RHODA CLAPP d/o Joseph Clapp & Mercy
Carpenter. Abraham can be found in early Quarter Sessions abt. 1805+. He
died in Ernestown 1832. His son James had petitioned for his fathers name
to be added to the Loyalist List and that he( James) should be granted land
as the son of an UEL. James had provided many affidavits swearing that
Abraham joined the Royal army (Major Roger's Rangers) and served in
Provincial Corps until he was discharged in 1783. Two of the affidavits
claim Abraham settled in this Province 1784, whereas, his son and others
state 1796.

> Believe Abraham had the following children; William Abraham, James (m.
Mary Garrison), Joseph (m. Eleanor Ackerman), Benjamin (m. Elizabeth Comer)
and possibly a Dorland Losee found in Adolphustown early town records.