URBAN-L Archives

Archiver > URBAN > 2000-08 > 0965381560

From: "Mary Guler" <>
Subject: Re: [URBAN] hello
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 06:19:32 -0400

In looking in the census records for Chicago for the name Urban, I saw that
there were many nationalities that claim this surname. Included were
Poland, Chec (wow, I never realized I have no idea how to spell it!),
Germany, Lithuanina, Hungary, Slovakia, Italy, etc.

In my own case, I found that the name had been shortened to Urban from
Urboonas, which was of Lithuanian extraction. I also found that Urbonas may
be spelled Urbanas and Urbanis and other varients.

Perhaps this information will help someone else.