USGW-ARCHIVES-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

Archiver > USGW-ARCHIVES-ANNOUNCE > 2009-10 > 1257039704

From: "Maggie Stewart" <>
Subject: [ARCHIVES-ANNOUNCE] 31st October, 2009,The USGenWeb Archives Newsletter
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 21:34:30 -0500

31st October, 2009, The USGenWeb Archives Newsletter,
Week Ending October 30th, 2009
http://www.usgwarchives.net/newsletter
The contents of the newsletters are ONLY what
the state USGenWeb File Managers submit for
the state for posting.
NOTE: If a link doesn't work, please try later.
We are having growing pains while the powers
that be are trying to make things run smoother.
The search engine is taking the bandwidth at times.
Just click on the links below or copy and paste the
link into the 'location box' on your browser!
If the URL wraps around onto the next line and you
can't view it, please cut and paste it onto the end of
the first line in the "location box" on your browser!
USGenWeb Archives Search Engines
--------------------------------
The Archives is integrated to a new dedicated
server at http://www.usgwarchives.net and there
will be a mirror at http://www.usgwarchives.org.
The fantastic new search engine is now online at
http://usgwarchives.net/search/searcharchives.html
Submission Forms Linked From:
http://www.genrecords.org/
EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGES:
-------------------------------------
If you need an email address change please
send your old and new eamil addresses to me
at Thanks!

Recent Census Additions/Uploads
http://www.usgwcensus.org/cenfiles/nu/

Please visit the USGenWeb Census Project at
http://www.usgwcensus.org/ if you are
interested in transcribing any county of any federal
census records. A copy of all transcriptions done
for this project are submitted to the appropriate
state File Manager for inclusion in the USGenWeb
Archives.

OTHER USGENWEB ARCHIVES SUBMISSIONS THIS LAST WEEK:
xxdailyuploads. If you are only researching one or two
states, you might want to sub to those state lists. If
you want to see the big picture, the dailyuploads list
is the one for you.

To subscribe, go to

CONNECTICUT
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ct/ctfiles.htm

When I adopted the CT Archives, things were pretty quiet
with just the occasional submission. Then, in 2008,
Barbara W. Brown a retired historian from Connecticut
began submitting files. Lots of files. I wrote to Barbara
and discovered that she is retired and was cleaning out
her file cabinet. As she cleans, she transcribes the
records and submits them to the CT Archives. Barb's file
submissions cover all counties and subjects in Connecticut..
With her permission, the Ethnic site for Connecticut has
also grown. Extractions are made and posted on the Ethnic
site to make it easier location of information.

This year, Susan Lang began sending in the Tombstone Photos
and transcriptions of the tombstones to the CT Archives.
Grove Hill Cemetery located in Tolland County is added to
regularly by Sue. (Hopefully, I'll catch up with her soon.)

As the CT Archives have grown, more submitters have begun
adding their material. Sometimes it is just one item, but
every piece of information sent could be the *one* piece
that a researcher is needing.

I give all the credit to Barb and Sue who have shown others
what the CT Archives can be. I thank them and all the
submitters to the CT Archives for helping it to grow.

Jo Branch
CT Archives State File Manager

HAWAII
Statewide History (History: Book Ongoing)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/hi/statewide.htm
The Story of Hawaii and Its Builders. With which is Incorporated
Volume III Men of Hawaii. An historical outline of Hawaii with
biographical sketches of its men of note and substantial achievement,
past and present, who have contributed to the progress of the
Territory, edited by George F. Nellist. Published by Honolulu Star
Bulletin, Ltd., Territory of Hawaii, 1925.
http://www.usgwarchives.net/hi/builders.htm
Builders of Hawaii (Volume II) Completed
Men of Modern Hawaii (Volume III) Surnames A - B (partial)

Island of Honolulu Obituaries, Vital Records (Births, Marriage)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/hi/honolulu.htm

KANSAS
Atchison County Newspaper Article, Obituaries, Vital Records (Marriages)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/atchison/atchison.htm

Bourbon County Vital Records (Marriages)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/bourbon/bourbon.htm

Jackson County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Vital Records (Marriages)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/jackson/jackson.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/jackson/news.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/jackson/obits.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/jackson/marr.htm

Jefferson County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Vital Records (Marriages)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/jefferson/jefferson.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/jefferson/news.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/jefferson/obits.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/jefferson/obits1.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/jefferson/obits2.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/jefferson/obits3.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/jefferson/marr.htm

Logan County Newspaper Articles, Obituary
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/logan/logan.htm
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/logan/newspapers/death11y198gnw.txt
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/logan/newspapers/lentsmit197gnw.txt
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/logan/newspapers/thewillo196gnw.txt
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/logan/obits/m/mcgrade1713gob.txt

Montgomery County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Photos of Tombstones (Liberty Cemetery), Vital Records (Marriages)
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/kansas/montgomery.htm
---Liberty Cemetery - Partial Photos Listing
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/montgomery/montgomery.htm

Osage County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Vital Record (Marriage)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/osage/osage.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/osage/obits.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/osage/news.htm

Rooks County History (Patron Directory 1904)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/rooks/rooks.html
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/rooks/directories/farm/1904/patronsd131nms.txt

Seward County Newspaper Articles, Obituary, Vital Records (Marriages)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/seward/news.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/seward/obits.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/seward/seward.htm

Shawnee County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Vital Records (Marriages)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/shawnee/shawnee.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/shawnee/news.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/shawnee/obits.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/shawnee/obits1.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/shawnee/obits2.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/shawnee/obits3.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/shawnee/marr.htm

Thomas County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Vital Records (Marriages)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/thomas/thomas.html

Washington County Cemeteries
---Brantford Convenant Church Cemetery
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/washington/cemeteries/brantfordcoverentchurchcem.txt
---Chepstow Cemetery in Barnes, Kansas
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/washington/cemeteries/chepstowcem.txt
---Greenleaf City Cemetery in Greenleaf, Kansas
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/washington/cemeteries/greenleafcity.txt
---Imanuel Ev. Lutheran Church Cemetery in Linn, Kansas
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/washington/cemeteries/imanuelevlutheranchurchcem.txt
---Morrowville City Cemetery in Morrowville, Kansas
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/washington/cemeteries/morrowvillecitycem.txt
---Parallel Corner Cemetery in Clifton, Kansas
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/washington/cemeteries/parallelcornercem.txt
---Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Brantford, Kansas
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/washington/cemeteries/pleasanthillcembrandford.txt
---St John Catholic Cemetery in Hanover, Kansas
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/washington/cemeteries/stjohncatholiccem.txt
---Spenceville Cemetery in Hanover, Kansas
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/washington/cemeteries/spencevillecem.txt

Wyandotte County Newspaper Article
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ks/wyandotte/wyandotte.htm
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ks/wyandotte/newspapers/twowomen192gnw.txt

KENTUCKY
Ohio County Cemetery, Photo of Place
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ky/ohio/cemetery.html
---Shiloh Church Cemetery - Complete Survey
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ky/ohio/cemeteries/shilohch7cm.txt
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ky/ohio/toc.html
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ky/ohio/photos/hartford5380gph.txt
http://www.usgwarchives.net/ky/ohio/photos/hartford5380gph.jpg

NEVADA
I have finished posting the pictures and indices for the
Lund Cemetery which is locatefd in White Pine County, Nevada.
Lund is a small community that is located about 38 miles
southwest of Ely, Nevada. Its history is farming, and was
an early Mormon community. Many of the deceased have a
Pioneer of 1847 symbol on their tombstone.

On this same page are the pictures contributed by Bill
Meyers of the Hamilton Cemetery.

During my 2009 trips to the eastern part of Nevada, I was
able to get about 1,500 pictures of the Ely City Cemetery
of which I'm in the process of adding. You can view this
cemetery on the same page.

In Elko County, new pictures are being added to the following cemeteries:

Elko County (completed)
Elko City. (partial)
The Elko County Death Index, provided by the Elko County
Museum, is now posted. This list includes deaths in Elko
County through 2004.

In Lincoln County, new pictures/pages will include the
following cemeteries:

Pioche, Catholic, IOOF, City (all completed)
Caliente, Vets, City, IOOF (all completed)
Alamo, City (completed)

New pictures were added to the Churchill County Cemetery in
Fallon, Nevada. This cemetery is still not complete for
pictures, but a complete and up to date listing of interments
is available.

Additional pictures have been added to the Hawthorne Cemetery
in Mineral County. This cemetery is now about 3/4 complete.
Coming in the future will be pictures for

Mina Cemetery (partial)

In Clark County, new pictures have been or are being added
for the following Las Vegas Cemeteries:

Palm-Main
Palm-Green Valley
Bunker's Memorial Gardens (Mitchell Young Eagle Scout Project)
Palm-Northwest
Woodlawn
Paradise (Davis) also in Las Vegas (Christian Tidwell and
Jesse Horseman, Eagle Scout Projects)

In Boulder City, new pics are being added for the Boulder
City Cemetery from William Peters' Eagle Scout project

New pictures were added to the Dayton Cemetery in Lyon
County, thanks to contributions by Dr. Linda Clements.

You can view the pictures by going to the Nevada Tombstone
Project at http://www.usgwtombstones.org/nevada/nevada.html

Gerry Perry, Manager
Nevada Tombstone Project

NORTH CAROLINA
Newly Archived Records
http://www.usgwarchives.net/nc/recent-uploads/recentuploads.htm

Files by Category (a summary page of the most visited categories)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/nc/nccategories.html

OHIO
Athens County Cemtery, Obituary
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/ohio/athens.htm
---Broadwell Cemetery - Partial reading
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/athens/cemeteries/broadwell.txt

Columbiana County Military Record
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/columbiana/military-index.html

Crawford County Military Record, County Vital Record (Death)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/crawford/military-index.html
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/crawford/military/revwar/pensions/davis62gmt.txt

Cuyahoga County Cemetery, Photos of Tombstones
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/ohio/cuyahoga.htm
---St. Paul Lutheran Church Cemetery
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/cuyahoga/cemeteries/stpaulluth.txt
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/cuyahoga/photos/stpaulluth.html

Delaware County Photos of Tombstones
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/ohio/delaware.htm
---Marlborough Cemetery - Partial Photos Listing
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/delaware/photos02.html
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/delaware/photos02a.html
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/delaware/photos02b.html
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/delaware/photos02c.html

Erie County Cemetery, Obituaries
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/ohio/erie.htm
---Milan Ohio Cemetery Burials in Milan Cemetery
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/erie/cemeteries/milan/1-readme.txt
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/erie/cemeteries/milan/
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/erie/cemeteries/milan/index/

Fairfield County Cemetery
---Old Conrad Cemetery - Complete Survey
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/fairfield/cemeteries/oldconra109gcm.txt

Hamilton County Military Record, Photo (Tornado 1915 Cincinnati (8th & Cutter) 1915)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/hamilton/military-index.html
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/hamilton/military/revwar/pensions/davis42nmt.txt

Harrison County Cemeteries
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/ohio/harrison.htm
---Boone-Sears Farm Cemetery
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/harrison/cemeteries/boone-sears.txt
---Greenmont Union Site (Description)
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/harrison/cemeteries/greenmont-union.txt
---Two Quaker Cemeteries, Freeport Township, Ohio - Old Facts In a New Light
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/harrison/cemeteries/greenmont-union.txt
-----
Along with this list, I want to tell you that the website(s)
(same title as in the library list) are finished and are working
well. Not sure if I told you it is a two-website project. The story
is the main site and I created another site where the template is
wider and I could make the maps and charts larger for better viewing.
There is also a page of footnotes.

This is my blog that describes the site(s):
http://twoquakercemeteries.blogspot.com/

This is the URL for the main site.
http://sites.google.com/site/twoquakercemeteries/

Darlene Small Gilligan
-----

Hocking County Cemeteries
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/ohio/hocking.htm
---Justice Cemetery - Complete Survey
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/hocking/cemeteries/justice.txt
---Roby (Robey) Cemetery - Complete Survey
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/hocking/cemeteries/robyrobe203cm.txt
---Snider (Snyder) Cemetery - Complete Survey
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/hocking/cemeteries/snidersn202cm.txt
---South Bloomingville Cemetery - Complete Survey
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/hocking/cemeteries/southbloomingville.txt

Lorain County Cemeteries, Photos of Tombstones
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/ohio/lorain.htm
---Parker Cemetery Burials
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/lorain/cemeteries/parker.txt
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/lorain/photos/parker.html

Miami County Cemetery
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/ohio/miami.htm
---Maple Hill Cemetery - Partial Survey More To Come
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/miami/cemeteries/maplehil46ncm.txt

Pike County Cemetery
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/ohio/pike.htm
---East Cemetery, Mifflin Township - Partial Survey More To Come
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/pike/cemeteries/eastceme105gcm.txt

Richland County Cemetery
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/ohio/richland.htm
---Pioneer's Rest Cemetery (Partial)
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/richland/cemeteries/pioneers-rest.txt

Ross County Newspaper Articles
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/ross/news-index.html
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/ross/newspapers/purdueis109gnw.txt

Summit County Vital Record (Death)
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/summit/vitals-index.html
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/summit/vitals/deaths/hooper112gdt.txt

Trumbull County Census Record, Military Record
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/trumbull/census-index.html
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/trumbull/census/1850/yr185027cn.txt
http://www.usgwarchives.net/oh/trumbull/military-index.html
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/trumbull/military/civilwar/letters/bower43mt.txt
http://files.usgwarchives.net/oh/trumbull/military/civilwar/letters/bower44mt.txt

WEST VIRGINIA
Braxton County Cemteries
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/westvirg/braxton.htm
---David Hamric Memorial Cemetery, Tate Creek, West Virginia
http://files.usgwarchives.net/wv/braxton/cemeteries/dhmc.txt
---McCoy - McMorrow Cemetery, Tate Creek, West Virginia (Partial Listing)
http://files.usgwarchives.net/wv/braxton/cemeteries/mccoy-mcmorrow.txt
---McCoy Cemetery, Tate Creek, West Virginia (Partial Listing)
http://files.usgwarchives.net/wv/braxton/cemeteries/mccoy.txt
---Sugar Creek Cemetery, Gassaway, West Virginia (Partial Listing)
http://files.usgwarchives.net/wv/braxton/cemeteries/sugarcrk.txt

Gilmer County Cemetery
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/westvirg/gilmer.htm
---Hiney Union Chapel & Cemetery, Sand Fork, West Virginia (Partial Listing)
http://files.usgwarchives.net/wv/gilmer/cemeteries/hiney.txt

Kanawha County Cemeteries
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/westvirg/kanawha.htm
---Rock Spring Cemetery - Partial Survey More to Come
http://files.usgwarchives.net/wv/kanawha/cemeteries/rockspri36gcm.txt

Mason County Photos of Tombstones
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/westvirg/mason.htm
---Greer Cemetery
http://www.usgwarchives.net/wv/wvphotos/mason/greer.html
---Old Town Board Baptist Church Cemetery
http://www.usgwarchives.net/wv/wvphotos/mason/oldtownboardbapt.html
---Pisgah Cemetery
http://files.usgwarchives.net/wv/mason/cemeteries/pisgah.txt
http://www.usgwarchives.net/wv/wvphotos/mason/pisgah.html