Archiver > USGW-ARCHIVES-ANNOUNCE > 2009-10 > 1257039704

From: "Maggie Stewart" <>
Subject: [ARCHIVES-ANNOUNCE] 31st October, 2009,The USGenWeb Archives Newsletter
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 21:34:30 -0500

31st October, 2009, The USGenWeb Archives Newsletter,
Week Ending October 30th, 2009
The contents of the newsletters are ONLY what
the state USGenWeb File Managers submit for
the state for posting.
NOTE: If a link doesn't work, please try later.
We are having growing pains while the powers
that be are trying to make things run smoother.
The search engine is taking the bandwidth at times.
Just click on the links below or copy and paste the
link into the 'location box' on your browser!
If the URL wraps around onto the next line and you
can't view it, please cut and paste it onto the end of
the first line in the "location box" on your browser!
USGenWeb Archives Search Engines
The Archives is integrated to a new dedicated
server at and there
will be a mirror at
The fantastic new search engine is now online at
Submission Forms Linked From:
If you need an email address change please
send your old and new eamil addresses to me
at Thanks!

Recent Census Additions/Uploads

Please visit the USGenWeb Census Project at if you are
interested in transcribing any county of any federal
census records. A copy of all transcriptions done
for this project are submitted to the appropriate
state File Manager for inclusion in the USGenWeb

Browse the USGenWeb Archives Daily Uploads

We have just implemented a dailyuploads mailing list
and added a new feature - state specific mailing lists,
xxdailyuploads. If you are only researching one or two
states, you might want to sub to those state lists. If
you want to see the big picture, the dailyuploads list
is the one for you.

To subscribe, go to

When I adopted the CT Archives, things were pretty quiet
with just the occasional submission. Then, in 2008,
Barbara W. Brown a retired historian from Connecticut
began submitting files. Lots of files. I wrote to Barbara
and discovered that she is retired and was cleaning out
her file cabinet. As she cleans, she transcribes the
records and submits them to the CT Archives. Barb's file
submissions cover all counties and subjects in Connecticut..
With her permission, the Ethnic site for Connecticut has
also grown. Extractions are made and posted on the Ethnic
site to make it easier location of information.

This year, Susan Lang began sending in the Tombstone Photos
and transcriptions of the tombstones to the CT Archives.
Grove Hill Cemetery located in Tolland County is added to
regularly by Sue. (Hopefully, I'll catch up with her soon.)

As the CT Archives have grown, more submitters have begun
adding their material. Sometimes it is just one item, but
every piece of information sent could be the *one* piece
that a researcher is needing.

I give all the credit to Barb and Sue who have shown others
what the CT Archives can be. I thank them and all the
submitters to the CT Archives for helping it to grow.

Jo Branch
CT Archives State File Manager

Statewide History (History: Book Ongoing)
The Story of Hawaii and Its Builders. With which is Incorporated
Volume III Men of Hawaii. An historical outline of Hawaii with
biographical sketches of its men of note and substantial achievement,
past and present, who have contributed to the progress of the
Territory, edited by George F. Nellist. Published by Honolulu Star
Bulletin, Ltd., Territory of Hawaii, 1925.
Builders of Hawaii (Volume II) Completed
Men of Modern Hawaii (Volume III) Surnames A - B (partial)

Island of Honolulu Obituaries, Vital Records (Births, Marriage)

Atchison County Newspaper Article, Obituaries, Vital Records (Marriages)

Bourbon County Vital Records (Marriages)

Jackson County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Vital Records (Marriages)

Jefferson County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Vital Records (Marriages)

Logan County Newspaper Articles, Obituary

Montgomery County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Photos of Tombstones (Liberty Cemetery), Vital Records (Marriages)
---Liberty Cemetery - Partial Photos Listing

Osage County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Vital Record (Marriage)

Rooks County History (Patron Directory 1904)

Seward County Newspaper Articles, Obituary, Vital Records (Marriages)

Shawnee County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Vital Records (Marriages)

Thomas County Newspaper Articles, Obituaries, Vital Records (Marriages)

Washington County Cemeteries
---Brantford Convenant Church Cemetery
---Chepstow Cemetery in Barnes, Kansas
---Greenleaf City Cemetery in Greenleaf, Kansas
---Imanuel Ev. Lutheran Church Cemetery in Linn, Kansas
---Morrowville City Cemetery in Morrowville, Kansas
---Parallel Corner Cemetery in Clifton, Kansas
---Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Brantford, Kansas
---St John Catholic Cemetery in Hanover, Kansas
---Spenceville Cemetery in Hanover, Kansas

Wyandotte County Newspaper Article

Ohio County Cemetery, Photo of Place
---Shiloh Church Cemetery - Complete Survey

I have finished posting the pictures and indices for the
Lund Cemetery which is locatefd in White Pine County, Nevada.
Lund is a small community that is located about 38 miles
southwest of Ely, Nevada. Its history is farming, and was
an early Mormon community. Many of the deceased have a
Pioneer of 1847 symbol on their tombstone.

On this same page are the pictures contributed by Bill
Meyers of the Hamilton Cemetery.

During my 2009 trips to the eastern part of Nevada, I was
able to get about 1,500 pictures of the Ely City Cemetery
of which I'm in the process of adding. You can view this
cemetery on the same page.

In Elko County, new pictures are being added to the following cemeteries:

Elko County (completed)
Elko City. (partial)
The Elko County Death Index, provided by the Elko County
Museum, is now posted. This list includes deaths in Elko
County through 2004.

In Lincoln County, new pictures/pages will include the
following cemeteries:

Pioche, Catholic, IOOF, City (all completed)
Caliente, Vets, City, IOOF (all completed)
Alamo, City (completed)

New pictures were added to the Churchill County Cemetery in
Fallon, Nevada. This cemetery is still not complete for
pictures, but a complete and up to date listing of interments
is available.

Additional pictures have been added to the Hawthorne Cemetery
in Mineral County. This cemetery is now about 3/4 complete.
Coming in the future will be pictures for

Mina Cemetery (partial)

In Clark County, new pictures have been or are being added
for the following Las Vegas Cemeteries:

Palm-Green Valley
Bunker's Memorial Gardens (Mitchell Young Eagle Scout Project)
Paradise (Davis) also in Las Vegas (Christian Tidwell and
Jesse Horseman, Eagle Scout Projects)

In Boulder City, new pics are being added for the Boulder
City Cemetery from William Peters' Eagle Scout project

New pictures were added to the Dayton Cemetery in Lyon
County, thanks to contributions by Dr. Linda Clements.

You can view the pictures by going to the Nevada Tombstone
Project at

Gerry Perry, Manager
Nevada Tombstone Project

Newly Archived Records

Files by Category (a summary page of the most visited categories)

Athens County Cemtery, Obituary
---Broadwell Cemetery - Partial reading

Columbiana County Military Record

Crawford County Military Record, County Vital Record (Death)

Cuyahoga County Cemetery, Photos of Tombstones
---St. Paul Lutheran Church Cemetery

Delaware County Photos of Tombstones
---Marlborough Cemetery - Partial Photos Listing

Erie County Cemetery, Obituaries
---Milan Ohio Cemetery Burials in Milan Cemetery

Fairfield County Cemetery
---Old Conrad Cemetery - Complete Survey

Hamilton County Military Record, Photo (Tornado 1915 Cincinnati (8th & Cutter) 1915)

Harrison County Cemeteries
---Boone-Sears Farm Cemetery
---Greenmont Union Site (Description)
---Two Quaker Cemeteries, Freeport Township, Ohio - Old Facts In a New Light
Along with this list, I want to tell you that the website(s)
(same title as in the library list) are finished and are working
well. Not sure if I told you it is a two-website project. The story
is the main site and I created another site where the template is
wider and I could make the maps and charts larger for better viewing.
There is also a page of footnotes.

This is my blog that describes the site(s):

This is the URL for the main site.

Darlene Small Gilligan

Hocking County Cemeteries
---Justice Cemetery - Complete Survey
---Roby (Robey) Cemetery - Complete Survey
---Snider (Snyder) Cemetery - Complete Survey
---South Bloomingville Cemetery - Complete Survey

Lorain County Cemeteries, Photos of Tombstones
---Parker Cemetery Burials

Miami County Cemetery
---Maple Hill Cemetery - Partial Survey More To Come

Pike County Cemetery
---East Cemetery, Mifflin Township - Partial Survey More To Come

Richland County Cemetery
---Pioneer's Rest Cemetery (Partial)

Ross County Newspaper Articles

Summit County Vital Record (Death)

Trumbull County Census Record, Military Record

Braxton County Cemteries
---David Hamric Memorial Cemetery, Tate Creek, West Virginia
---McCoy - McMorrow Cemetery, Tate Creek, West Virginia (Partial Listing)
---McCoy Cemetery, Tate Creek, West Virginia (Partial Listing)
---Sugar Creek Cemetery, Gassaway, West Virginia (Partial Listing)

Gilmer County Cemetery
---Hiney Union Chapel & Cemetery, Sand Fork, West Virginia (Partial Listing)

Kanawha County Cemeteries
---Rock Spring Cemetery - Partial Survey More to Come

Mason County Photos of Tombstones
---Greer Cemetery
---Old Town Board Baptist Church Cemetery
---Pisgah Cemetery

Wood County Photos of Tombstones
---Schultz Cemetery

New Uploads This Week