UTUINTAH-L Archives

Archiver > UTUINTAH > 2011-11 > 1321768510

From: ,
Subject: Re: [UTUINTAH] Trujillo/Moore
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 05:55:10 -0000

Author: judyartley53
Surnames: Trujillo, Moore
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.utah.counties.uintah/330.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Sandy,
Someone has a large family tree on Ancestry with a lot of information about John Trujillo changing his name to John Moore. Every time I click on the index of info, the family tree does not appear.

A John Jesse Trujillo was living in Dragon, Uintah, UT on June 5, 1917.
Born: 19 April 1887, Grand Junction, CO
Race: Mexican (Latino)
Occupation: stockman, self-employed, Dragon
He claimed an exemption to World War I service because of his two children, marriage and disabled leg-caused by gunshot.
Source: World War I Draft Registration Cards 1917-18.

The note attached to this document says:
John Jesse Trujillo (Moore) rather than John Jesse Trujillo. My Grandfather chanted hisname to John Jess Moore in order to get married to Elsie Lee Gray because he was already married to his 1st cousin Mary Trujillo. Submitted by xylon420 on 10/28/2011.

You can order a copy of his birth certificate from Colorado. I'm not familiar with Colorado but I'd post a query on the Colorado Message Board about how to order a birth certificate. Successful Searching!
Here's one of the comments:
John Jesse Trujillo (Moore) rather

Important Note: