VA-NORTHERN-NECK-L Archives

Archiver > VA-NORTHERN-NECK > 2010-04 > 1270510295

From: PAMELA ELWELL <>
Subject: [VA-NORTHERN-NECK] Walker Family/families WAS: Re: Fw:VA-NORTHERN-NECK Digest, Vol 2, Issue 88
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 16:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to see more messages about the Walker family or families of Cople District, Westmoreland Co. I have not been able to identify ancestors or siblings of Samuel Walker, d. 1785, although there are other people with the Walker surname who lived in the general neighborhood. "My" Walkers lived very near the place where Richmond, Westmoreland and Northumberland counties come together, so records could be in any of those counties.

I don't know whether the Walkers named in the earlier messages are connected with "my" line. But they may have been from the same neighborhood. I think that there were several individuals named Thomas Walker, and it may be challenging to sort them out. Also, I do not know if there is a connection with Richard Walker.

Pamela Elwell
Columbus OH

My line:
1. Samuel Walker, d. 1785. Wife: Mary Standley. Both buried in family cemetery at "Poplar Plain".
2. Benedict Walker, 1783-1861. Wife: Hannah Wright. Both buried at "Poplar Plain".
3. Sam Walker, 1834-1897. Wife: Clarissa Harding. Both buried at "Poplar Plain".
4. Samuel B. Walker, 1866-1934. Wife: Sallie Shackford. Both buried at "Poplar Plain".