VA-NORTHERN-NECK-L Archives

Archiver > VA-NORTHERN-NECK > 2012-04 > 1335450084

From: "Amanda Douglass" <>
Subject: [VA-NORTHERN-NECK] STONE/ line of CALE and NORGRAVE/ possibleconnections to Dr. EDWARD MADDOX and Rev. JOHN WAUGH
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:21:26 -0400

Hi Mary and Brian,

Saw your post with names "CALE" and "NORGRAVE".
Don't know if below from Bill Deyo to me about the CALE and NORGRAVE lines would offer any lead ideas.

Dr. Edward Maddox was married at one time to widow Margery of Mathew Stone of CC Maryland.
My McConchie hunt involves line of Rev. John Waugh who had below last wife Christian nee Martin.

William Dent may be husband of Elizabeth Fowke who had the son Thomas Dent m. Ann Bayne d/o John Bayne who married widow Ann of Thomas Gerrard [Jr.] who had stepmother ROSE.
Rev. John Waugh was also a witness on the Will of Thomas Gerrard who died 1673 whose widow Rose who remarried John Newton.

Charles County Circuit Court Liber L, Page 140
19 Feb 1684; Indenture from Edward Maddock of Stafford County, Virginia, surgeon, and Margery Maddock his wife, to Gerard Fowke, Gent.; for 440 acres of land in Stafford County, a tract in Avon/Nangemy of 500 acres where Edward and Margery Maddock lately dwelled; willed by Capt. Wm. Stone to Mathew Stone; from Mathew to Margery [his wife); /s/ Edw. Maddock, Margery Maddock; wit. Ralph Elkins, Wm. Dent

Welcome any ideas or corrections.

Amanda

Edward Maddox, Charles & Alice Cale

> Hi Amanda,
>
> Charles Cale married Alice Watts, daughter of Thomas Watts and
> Mary/Frances Norgrave. Alice's mother was the daughter of John Norgrave
> and Frances. Mrs. Frances Norgrave was also married to George Mason and
> Dr. Edward Maddox, therefore Alice (Watts) Cale was the step-granddaughter
> of Dr. Edward Maddox. Charles Cale and Alice were closely associated with
> Edward Watts (brother of Thomas Watts) and with my Fugate family. Edward
> Watts married Anne Martin, widow of Jacob Hubbard, and daughter of John
> and Christian (Pettus?) Martin. Anne Martin's brother, John Martin, Jr.,
> was the father of Mary Martin, who married Josias Fugate. Christian
> Martin, daughter of John and Christian, married (1) Evan Williams, (2)
> Rev. John Waugh, (3) John Hawkins.
>
> Bill

This thread: