VA-SOUTHSIDE-L Archives

Archiver > VA-SOUTHSIDE > 2001-03 > 0985353179

Subject: [VA-SOUTHSIDE-L] Vaughan, Hilburn, Simmons
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:12:59 EST

Hello listers!
I am researching the Vaughan Hilburn family of the early 1700s. Several
patents/land grants are held by him in Isle of Wight County in the 1730's. A
will of John Vaughan of 1736 (probated 1741) names Vaugahn Hilburn and John
Simmons in the will. I know that John Simmons is married to Rebecca Vaughan,
daughter of John and Elinor Vaughan, and suspect that Vaughan Hilburn is also
related by marriage somehow.
The first name of Vaughn/Vaughan is very prominate in my line of Hilburn
family, but seems to disappear in Viriginia after the 1730s and reappear in
NC in the 1760s.
Does anyone have thse 3 surnames in their ealy VA family lines? Any
suggestions at all would be appreciated.

Jeannie Hilburn

This thread: