VA-SOUTHSIDE-L Archives

Archiver > VA-SOUTHSIDE > 2010-03 > 1267904951

From:
Subject: Re: [VA-SOUTHSIDE] Duffer family
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 14:49:11 -0500
References: <3bf0e.15018ffb.38bdca9b@aol.com><COL114-W637CE1612A9B8751571127CB3B0@phx.gbl><8CC8AAA4AC1FA7A-18F4-23E3@webmail-d082.sysops.aol.com><8CC8ACF7490F05E-7DD8-3F3D@webmail-m072.sysops.aol.com>
In-Reply-To: <8CC8ACF7490F05E-7DD8-3F3D@webmail-m072.sysops.aol.com>

I have these people on the will of EDMOND DUFFER thgat I got from WILSON CO TN. and I have a book on WILSON CO TN that they are in . LA VERA JONES

From:
Sent: Fri, Mar 5, 2010 5:05 pm
Subject: Re: [VA-SOUTHSIDE] Duffer family

o you reconize these people?
illiam Dillon Lester (son of Joshua) m 1835 @ Wilson co TN: Mary Jane Duffy (b
1822);
incent Lester (son of Joshua) m 1832 @ Wilson co TN: Elizabeth Duffer (b
1815);
incent & Elizabeth named one of their sons "Edmund Duffer Lester" (b ~1836).
oshua is a half-brother of my ancestor, George W Lester.
Dale Bryan
conairedb AT aim DOT com>
rom:
o:
ent: Fri, Mar 5, 2010 11:39 am
ubject: Re: [VA-SOUTHSIDE] Duffer family

I. MY husband GRATE GRAND mother was LUCY GAIL DUFFER she married DAVID JONES
RUTRERFORD CO. TN. IN 1825 She WAS THE daughter of EDMOND DUFFER and MARY
FFER THEY died in RUTRERFORD CO.tn DAVID AND LUCY DUFFERJONES went to COLE CO.
in 1852. I have a lot on the DUFFER FAMILY. LA VERA JONES

----Original Message-----
om: JOHNNY BETTY DUFFER <>
nt: Mon, Mar 1, 2010 11:02 pm
bject: Re: [VA-SOUTHSIDE] Duffer family
hank you for the Duffer information. Unfortunately, this is all I have ever
n ableto find in very early records. The name was often spelled DUFFER,
FEE, DUFFY,sometimes all these within the same document.Thanks again.Betty
From:
ate: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:57:47 -0500
o:
ubject: Re: [VA-SOUTHSIDE] Duffer family
Cumberland County, Virginia, marriages 1749-1840:

saac Duffer -- Nancy Scott Marriage Bond 10 Nov. 1790. Surety: Stephen
ughes [This would probably be the son of your Isaac and Mary Duffer. See
elow.]

o Duffer brides in this book. Also, no Duffer entries in Marriages of
enrico County 1680-1808 or in Amelia County 1735-1815.

here is a DUFFEE (not DuffeR):
>From Abstracts of Cumberland County, VA, Will Books 1 and 2, 1749-1782.
bstracted by Katherine Reynolds:
ook 2, page 120: Will of ISAAC DUFFEE of Littleton Parish, date 2 Jan
774, Pro 28 Feb 1774. Son Edmon, 100 a. as soon as he is 21; land to my
e
ary Duffee residue of my estate during her widowhood and at her death to
y son, Isaac Duffee the Plantation with 150 a. of land where I now live.
f either of my sons dies before he arrives to age of 21, the other to have
is land and at death of my wife, my will is that all my estate to be
qually divided between all my children to-wit: Mary, Edmon, Elisabeth,
ry,
olly, Salley, Kessia and Isaac except Mary to have 5 pounds less than the
est as I have given her that quantity before. Ex.: my wife and Warren
alker. Wit: William Walker, Benjamin Walker. Isaac Duffee (X)

age 127: Inventory and appraisal of estate of ISAAC DUFFEE, deceased.
ppraised and sworn to Matthew Nelson, Valentine Callas(?), John Holeman.
arren Walker, exr., Mary Duffee (x). Rec. court May 23, 1774

n a message dated 3/1/2010 5:08:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
writes:
> Glad to see the list on line again. Does anyone have books: marriages
n
Henrico andAmelia Co., Va. 1700-1800? Looking for Isaac Duffer married
Mary, around 1730.Also Elizabeth Duffer married ? Cumberland Co. around
1760-70.If you know any Duffer people still in Charlotte Co., willing to
correspond, please let meknow. Been working on this a looooong
ime.Betty