VACULPEP-L Archives

Archiver > VACULPEP > 2009-02 > 1235863000

From: Craig Kilby <>
Subject: Re: [VACULPEP] Is anyone out there?
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 18:16:40 -0500

No, I haven't and I can't because my Blackwell line is through my
great-grandmother. Not a Y-DNA testable line for me. Believe me,
I'd give a pretty penny to know more about them. I have this line
back only to Samuel J. Blackwell, born 1805 in "VIRGINIA". Its a big
dead-end there. He married in Tennessee and then moved to St. Louis
County, Missouri where he died in 1864.

This is my only American line that I can't get past. Some have
suggested he was one of the many 20 odd children of David Blackwell.
But I cannot prove that and frankly, I am a bit agnostic on that
whole theory.

But, thanks for asking. And, by the way, how did you know I had a
Blackwell line?

Craig