VACUMBER-L Archives

Archiver > VACUMBER > 2012-03 > 1332264506

From: ,
Subject: Re: [VACUMBER] DOWDY, DUNNAVANT
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:28:26 -0000

Author: swersing
Surnames: Dowdy
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.virginia.counties.cumberland/1561.1.2.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Sounds like we are cousins. My grandmother, Pocahontas Dowdy, was the daughter of your Robert Sydney Dowdy who was in turn the son of Poindexter Dowdy. I have a lot of information on this family including Poindexter's will. One of Poindexter's daughters married a "Yankee" (as did I) and I have information on them as well. I don't get to Virginia very often these days but have driven out to Cumberland Co. in the past. Why don't you contact me directly at and I will send you more information. Shirley Wersinger, Rochester NY

Important Note: