VACUMBER-L Archives

Archiver > VACUMBER > 2012-03 > 1333212278

From: ,
Subject: Re: [VACUMBER] DOWDY, DUNNAVANT
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 16:44:40 -0000

Author: reddstaples
Surnames: Dowdy, Flippen
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.virginia.counties.cumberland/1561.3/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Thank you for posting Poindexter Dowdy's will. The name,"Rose Cottage" is a lot older than I realized. My gr father, Vernon Lester Flippen and son, Thomas, hunted there in the 50's & 60's. Thomas said his dad would point out Dowdy gravestones in the woods near Little Guinea Creek. Originally I thought you were looking for Robert Sidney Dowdy's grave site-- his stone spells his middle name "Sidney." Maybe Poindexter is buried around there. Thomas is coming in town October and I'll ask if he knows. I have pictures of Robert and Virginia Ellen Dowdy's stone and hope to soon go there again to shoot more photos. If interested, I'd be glad to send them to you--if I can figure out how. I'm rarely in front of a computer and quite the novice.

Important Note: