VAFAUQUI-L Archives

Archiver > VAFAUQUI > 2002-03 > 1015731028

Subject: Re: Recreating a Neighborhood in Fauquier County, Virginia Pignut Mountain
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 22:30:28 EST

writes:

> Residents near Pignut Mountain
> Thomas EDWARDS
> Simon MORGAN
> Jonas WILLIAMS
> Mary WRIGHT
> William WRIGHT

In Jim's first posting concerning this area The above residents are noted
as being in the area of pignut mountain. Simon Morgan was the lieutentant
under whom my William Bailey served in the Revolution. In a deed that William
Executed in 1799 he sold 4 acres . This land is noted as being on the south
side of the Thouroughfare that runs between Pignut Mountain and South
Mountain. Two men who owned land adjacent to this were David W. Nash and
Thomas Randall(dec'd) .
Should we add these three to the Pignut Mountain area?
Susan

This thread: