VAFAUQUI-L Archives

Archiver > VAFAUQUI > 2010-06 > 1276870621

From: "Amanda E. Douglass" <>
Subject: [VAFAUQUI] ANDREW BUCHANAN/ ALEXANDER McCONCHIE/ WILLIAM ALLISON
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:17:01 -0400

Here are some more pieces to try to connect...
Charlene, can you help with the THOMPSON and PIPER lines?
Thanks,
Amanda

==============

Who were parents of JOHN JAMES?
Who were parents of ANN STROTHER?

Dade Hooe m. Nancy James, dau. of John JAMES & Ann Stother who married 1763

=================================
Who were parents of DADE HOOE?
JOHN JAMES m. ANN STROTHER
daughter: Nancy James m. DADE HOOE

======================
Below was William Allison. I think he was on the Will of ROBERT KNOX.
He married ANN HOOE d/o of JOHN HOOE. Ann Hooe had sisters Sarah Hooe and Suannah Hooe.

22-23 September 1772. Lease & release. Bet. William
Allason of Town of Falmouth, Merchant, & Ann, his wife, and David Allason of same .. whereas John Hooe, Gent., late of Staff. Co. dec'd by his last will .. 8 Oct. 1763 .. gave to his 3 daus. to wit, Ann Allason, then Ann Hooe, Sarah Hooe & Susannah Hooe, all the land he held in Fauq. to be
equally divided .. the devisees did before the death of sd. John Hooe purch. a tract adj. the above of Rice Duncan, which was granted by patent .. 13 Feb. 1743 to Rice Duncan .. 189a. .. neither parcel has been divided .. to David Allason all of Ann Allason's part in both tracts .. £500 .. Signed: William Allason, Anne Allason. Wits: A. Buchanan, John Eustace, Robert T. Washington, James Scott, Jr., William Peake, James Robison. Rec: 23 March 1773, prov. by o. of Andrew Buchanan, Scott and Eustace [I think EUSTACE was a line that married a JONES line. Nancy Ann Eustace m. William Jones?]

John Knox sold land to Alexander McConchie 24 Sept. 1792 in Fauquier Co. VA DEED BOOK 10 page 539 and the witnesses were: Peter Kemper, William Smith, Samuel Gordon, ANDREW BUCHANAN, John Smith.

James Scott Jr.? Who did he marry?

This record mentions HOOE as being neighbor of BAYSE and Jones
The HOOE could be the JOHN HOOE that had daughter ANN HOOE m. William Allison?

Richard Henry Lee with HOOE and JONES. Wondering what JONES?
20 May 1772. Lease. Bet. Richard Henry Lee of W'land Co.
and Edmond Bayse .. 118 a. .. in Hooe's line cor. to Joseph Jeffries .. Bragg .. cor. of Arnold in Turkey Run old field .. Jones .. during his nat. life and lives of Nancy, his wife, and Jacob Bayse .. yearly rent of £4.19s.5d. .. Signed:
Richard Henry Lee, Edmond Basye. Wits: as above. Rec: 25 May 1772, prov.
by o. of wits. [Pretty sure this EDMOND BASYE married NANCY MAUZY. EDMOND BASYE was so of EDMOND BASYE and WINIFRED. EDMOND BASYE had brother JOSEPH BASYE whose daughters married PHILIP N. AMISS, s/o THOMAS AMISS and REBECCA unproven FLETCHER.]

I think above EDMOND BASYE was married to WINIFRED TAYLOR. I think this was him?

The EDMOND BASYE you had as witness on land deed is who I think was EDMOND BASYE m. WINIFRED TAYLOR. Here is a record as to why I think it's same person.

Minute Book 1768-1772, page 309, JUne 24, 1771 Fauquier Co., VA shows that EDMUND BASYE and wife WINIFRED acknowledge a deed to TRAVERSE DOWMAN and it is ordered recorded. "Deed Book 4" page 200-201 was an indenture between EDMUND BASYE and WINNIFRED his wife with TRAVERSE DOWMAN... land purchased by the said EDMUND BASYE of JAMES TAYLOR and bounded by...stone corner of BENJAMIN TAYLOR on TAYORS SPRING... [EDMUND BASYE was around TRAVERSE DOWMAN and this I think was same DOWMAN line that had a CHARLES JONES association]
EDMOND BASYE, WINNEFRET BASYE
Sealed signed delivered : JOSEPH TAYLOR, RICHARD TAYLOR,
EDWIN FIELDING

Thought: Maybe this "FIELDING" is where the name "FIELDING JONES" comes from?
There may have been a JONES who married a FIELDING lady and they named a son FIELDING JONES?

Who was Fielding Jones?

1 November 1771. Lease. Bet. Thomas Lord Fairfax and Jesse

Thompson .. tract in Manor of Leeds .. line of Rd. Crawley and near a line of

Samuel Harris ... William Fletcher .. cor. of William Briggs .. large rock cor.

to Briggs .. 140 a. .. for his Nat. life and the lives of Elizabeth, his wife and

Fielding Jones .. yearly rent of 28s. Signed: Fairfax. Wits: as above. Rec: 25

May 1772, prov. by o. of wits. as above.

RICHARD HENRY LEE with EDMOND BASYE.
WILLIAM JONES had a wife Mary with a son NATHAN JONES.
Was JOSEPH BLACKWELL the father of JUDITH BLACKWELL m. THOMAS KEITH?
Then I think MARTIN PICKETT m. a sister of JUDITH BLACKWELL?

Who was this WILLIAM JONES with wife MARY?

20 May 1772. Lease. Bet. Col. Richard Henry Lee of W'land
Co. and Wm. Jones .. tenement in Parishes of Ham. & Leeds 321 a. .. cor. to Arnold & Bayse .. cor. to Pickett .. to a Peach tree stump in the Courthouse Old fields another cor. of Pickett .. cor. to John Peake .. cor. to Peake & Taylor ..for his nat. life and lives of Mary, h. w. and Nathan Jones, his son .. yearly rent of £-14.18s.10d. .. Signed: William (W) Jones, Richard Henry Lee. Wits: Bennett Price, Jos. Blackwell, Martin Pickett. Rec: 23 Feb. 1778, prov. by o. of Blackwell and Pickett

Martin Pickett must be same person below and he's around JONES that had HENRY JONES SR. and wife Lermah, a son Joseph. then also seems to show a possible CHARLES JONES who had a son CHARLES JONES?
Was JESSE THOMPSON a son of ELI THOMPSON m. ELIZABETH HURST, d/o ROSANNAH HURTS whose son HENRY HURST m. daughter of WILLIAM EMMONS?

I think ELI THOMPSON who married ELIZABETH HURST was a possible son by a WILLIAM THOMPSON who had married a MIDLRED HARPER and she has been married prerviously to a JONES? Need CHARLENE on this one...

JONES, HENRY 78Tr-Sr. 81HC-89H, 91H. M 5-286, 1777. Road surv from Piper's mill to Pickett's mill. D 3-111, 1767. Lease in Manor of Leeds for lives of him, wife Lermah, and son Joseph; 1770 and 1777 Manor rent rolls. M 6-118, 1783. He and Samuel Harris Sr. codefts in suit of Jesse Thompson. M 7-398, 1786. Deft as admin of Charles Jones and separately as himself, son of Charles. D 10-147, 1789. Sold 3 slaves to Robert Humes; wit Alexander Ferguson, Elisha Warden. D 10-203, 1789. Pledges property incl his lease from Lord Fairfax to Martin Pickett; Elizabeth Kearnes wit. M 11-157, 1794. Not resident of county.

There was a JOHN PIPER associated with MILDRED HARPER who married ? JONES and 2nd WILLIAM THOMPSON?
Farguson/Ferguson, Lewis. 86-89H. MB 11/27/1783 to Molly Piper, dau of Benjamin Piper; bd William Fargason. M 9-119, 1788. Suit by William Withers ag him; wit incl John Ferguson, Robert Piper, and Simon and James Heflin.

ALEXANDER McCONCHIE on inventory of CAPT. ROBERT KNOX who had WILLIAM ALLISON as trustee.

Found some marriages for a William Allison.
Anne Hooe m. William Allison 6/26/1772 [He might be the one below?]
Anne Fitzhugh m. William Allison 11/31/1740

Codcil: Robert Knox of Charles County of the State of Maryland...."Whereas my beloved wife Rose Townsend Knox is now with child, for which there is no provision made in my will...800 pounds sterling..be let out on bond with good security and be paid to the said child when it shall come to age or marry - I do further constitute and appoint William Allison of Fauquier County - to be one of my Execturors to this my Codicil ..15 February 1782.
Proved (copy): 30 October 1782, by o. of Gustavus Richard Brown, Verlinda Martin and Andrew Baille and Rose Townsend Knox widow of Robert Knox late of Charles County.
Proved: In Charles County, Md., 30 October 1782, before John Muschett, Reg'r of Wills....Rose Townsend Knox granted cert.
Wit.: Walter Hanson, Gentleman, Chief Justice of the Orphans Court of the County aforesaid..29 August 1783.
Fauquier County.. 25 July 1785 - copy of the Will and Codicil presented by Rose Townsend Knox who made oath and granted Cert. to obtain probate.

Was this the Richard Henry Lee who was witness with WILLIAM JONES who had son NATHAN JONES?
Below Richard Henry Lee had father THOMAS LEE.

Richard Henry Lee was born in Stratford, Westmoreland County, Virginia on January 20th, 1732 and died in Chantilly, Virginia on June 19th, 1794. He was the third son of a Thomas Lee, the "empire builder," who as the 5th son of Richard Lee "the emigrant", the largest Virginia landowner at the time of his death in 1640, received a modest inheritance. Thomas Lee, Richard Henry Lee's father, nonetheless managed to acquire real estate holdings far beyond Lee "the emigrant" and at the time of his death in 1750 amassed some 30,000 acres in the Northern Neck of Virginia. The greater part of Thomas Lee's massive estate, including the family homestead called Stratford, went to the eldest son, Philip Ludwell Lee. Only the first four of Thomas Lee's six surviving sons, which included Richard Henry Lee, were left modest landed estates.

This thread: