VAFLOYD-L Archives

Archiver > VAFLOYD > 1999-03 > 0921945263

From: "Johnsten's Account" <>
Subject: HUFF/HOUGH/HOFF
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 09:54:23 -0600

Guess this is a "shotgun" request to the list.

Mary HUFF was the consenting mother to the marriages of her daughters in a
double wedding.
Peggy/Margaret HUFF married James KEITH 4 March 1794 Montgomery Co,VA [area
became Floyd]
Mary HUFF married Griffith DICKINSON 4 March 1794 Montgomery Co,VA [have
marriage records]

Mary HUFF--1810 VA census 1 male age 26-45; 1 girl age 16-26; 1 girl age
10-16; 1 woman age 45+.
Mary HUFF sold land 1818,1819 to son-in-law and grandsons in Keith
family;sold land to Joseph HOFF but relationship unknown.

1820 VA census does not list a Mary Huff/Hough/Hoff.

Last year I discarded 20 years of research because I was not comfortable
with my guesses. This information is the only facts I know are accurate.
Is there a DICKINSON or KEITH researcher who might know something? I am a
Keith and can follow Peggy and James down to me, and James back to his
immigrant father. Any help would be appreciated a lot. Lois

This thread: